Freeze Protection and Blower

jbbarto

Silver Supporter
Dec 21, 2012
Houston, TX
I have a couple of questions. It's getting cold here in Houston and I've noticed that my blower was set to come on with the pumps for freeze protection, which was bubbling over the sides of the spa and causing the us to lose water. I've turned off the blower as part of the freeze protection and assume that will be fine since the pumps are still set to come on, but wanted to check and see if anyone thinks this will be an issue. I don't think the blower needs freeze protection does it?

2nd question... there's an extra pipe with a valve and t-joint at the top right next to my blower. I thought this might be a valve to allow some air to escape and lessen the amout of air being blown into the spa, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any thoughts on what this does? Photo is attached. Appreciate the help as always!

Thanks
Brad

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    655.3 KB · Views: 15
No need for the blower to be on during freeze protection.
The line you showed appears to be a relief for some air. The valve is partially open.

Hard to say on that valve. Those fail pretty quickly so you may or may not be actually moving the valve internals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.