Atlanta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I have a pool and spa. The freeze control kicks on and empties the spa. I read a thread that suggested that I can turn off freeze control for spa and the water cycling for pool when temp goes below 36 degrees will be enough to prevent freezing and of course the spa will not be activated. I have Screenlogic app on my phone but there is nothing related to freeze control. I do not have Screenlogic on my PC. I assume the freeze control can be adjusted on the unit at the pump. Can someone give me instructions on this adjustment or another idea for how I can make an adjustment that will result in spa not being emptied? Thanks

M,

To turn off "On with Freeze", you can use the Menu on the main panel, use ScreenLogic on your PC, or use the SL Config app.

Freeeze control cannot be adjusted on the pump.

I would not have ScreenLogic if I could not have it on my PC. Using your phone is just a pain in the rear.

Do you have SLConfig on your phone?

I'd be glad to get you pointed in the right direction, just let me know which method you want to use.

Thanks,

Jim R.

M,

To turn off "On with Freeze", you can use the Menu on the main panel, use ScreenLogic on your PC, or use the SL Config app.

Freeeze control cannot be adjusted on the pump.

I would not have ScreenLogic if I could not have it on my PC. Using your phone is just a pain in the rear.

Do you have SLConfig on your phone?

I'd be glad to get you pointed in the right direction, just let me know which method you want to use.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hey Jim. I am just seeing this so I apologize for tardiness. I do not have SL Config App. I just today got a response from a request for customer service from the Pentair site. I have asked about getting the app for computer downloaded and also the SLConfig. I will let you know how I make out. It got warm here after Thankgiving but it is expected to be cold next week.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike,

You don't have to have ScreenLogic, it just makes it easier.

You can do the same thing using the little 3" display on the main panel.

Menu, Settings, Circuit Function, On/Off with Freeze You want to turn freeze off on whatever circuits you do not want to come on with Freeze. In your case the Spa Circuit and the Pool Circuit. Do not do this unless you will be running the pump during the winter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.