May 8, 2012
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
moved from vip lounge

We have a 5# canister of calcium hardener increaser and would like a fellow TFP member in metro Detroit to take it off our hands. :wave::wave:
It was given to us and we have a vinyl liner (our fill water is CH 160) thus we have no use for it.
First dibs?
:lovetfp:

Re: free to a good home near me

Here the desert we have a special name for CH increaser....it’s called “tap water” :laughblue:

If no wants it you can just use it as ice-melt on the driveway during the winter time.

Here the desert we have a special name for CH increaser....it’s called “tap water” :laughblue:

If no wants it you can just use it as ice-melt on the driveway during the winter time.

Thanks JoyfulNoise. Our tap water is 160.
We definitely can use ice melt here. LOL
Just surprised no one wants it. I know there are many pools in our area. Google Earth proves that.

Interesting question: if no one wants it, since it is calcium chloride, can I use it as a sanitizer? We have to partially dump for winter anyway.
Just curious.

Just saw on Pool Math, only adds calcium. Too bad it doesn't add chlorine.

Calcium chloride is a harmless salt like sodium chloride. Calcium hypochlorite is a solid sanitizer (bleaching powder) that adds the sanitizing chlorine to the water.

So yeah, it just affects calcium hardness.

In the basement I have 10lbs hanging in a 5 gallon paint strainer over a bucket.
It is keeping a weird under stair closet space dehumidified, my poor mans DampRid.
I dump the bucket daily.

Just keep it away from your stash of Furan-2-peroxycarboxylic acid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I totally missed the entire conversation....

(As I slowly slide my bottle full of Furan-2-peroxycarboxylic acid into the drawer while whistling innocently)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.