Free Pool Test Tracking Software!

I'm having trouble downloading the file. When I click download, the file is downloaded as an EFW file (CA security file). I don't know if it's because my CA virus security thinks it has a virus, or what.. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can get to the software?

jefeyessica said:
I'm having trouble downloading the file. When I click download, the file is downloaded as an EFW file (CA security file). I don't know if it's because my CA virus security thinks it has a virus, or what.. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can get to the software?

I got the same thing. Using Firefox you can change what program opens the file. I changed it to 7zip (my decompression tool), and it worked fine.

Hope this may help,
dave

jefeyessica said:
CA anti virus does that. change the extension back to zip and you are fine and change your antivirus to a better one. I would suggest Avast!

Thanks for this software. I would still like to see a place to document how many chemicals I add, and at what time. Currently I use a notebook with columns: Date, Time, Current readings, Goal readings, chemicals added. With all of these readings I can see if the chemicals I added, actually worked to reach my goals.

jefeyessica said:
Thanks for this software. I would still like to see a place to document how many chemicals I add, and at what time. Currently I use a notebook with columns: Date, Time, Current readings, Goal readings, chemicals added. With all of these readings I can see if the chemicals I added, actually worked to reach my goals.

Very good idea. I will add to the next version.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, new to form. I downloaded the program and installed it on an XP machine. When I try to run the SW, the splash screen shows up then disappears. Something is running in the background cause when I try to run the program again it tells me it is already running. However, there is nothing in task manager under programs that I can see. Also, I do not know which processes are associated with the program so I can't supply any info there.

Perhaps I messed up the install... Let me know your thoughts.

Tony

fishoutawater said:
Hi, new to form. I downloaded the program and installed it on an XP machine. When I try to run the SW, the splash screen shows up then disappears. Something is running in the background cause when I try to run the program again it tells me it is already running. However, there is nothing in task manager under programs that I can see. Also, I do not know which processes are associated with the program so I can't supply any info there.

Tony
Also running it on XP. Created a short cut for the desktop and the splash screen comes up and goes away and is replaced by the dos & main screens.
I'm not the most savvy when it comes to downloading programs but this one works ok.

Marillion Fan said:
fishoutawater said:

Tony
Also running it on XP. Created a short cut for the desktop and the splash screen comes up and goes away and is replaced by the dos & main screens.
I'm not the most savvy when it comes to downloading programs but this one works ok.

That is funny, I AM an IT guy and I am still trying to figure it out. Doesn't seem like the DOS window is openning for me. Still trying to determine which processes it spawns so I can kill they in Taskmanager. Oh well, I still have my trusty logbook...

Do you think there would be any interest in a web-based version of a program like this? (i.e. something that would run in a browser so it would work on Windows, Macs, Linux, etc?)

I have learned a TON from this forum and I'm a web developer in my "day job" so I would love to create something like that as a way of giving back to this community if there was enough interest and/or if it would be useful for people. (It would be free of course.)

Thanks!
Jeff

errodr said:
jefeyessica said:

Very good idea. I will add to the next version.

To be able to show the date and time of day and what chemicals were added would be great. I've entered our info for the month of July. But I've kept track of everything that has gone into our pool since we added the water last May 2008. I've even made note of when we had heavy rains and had to drain water. I'd like to keep a running record like this, but would like to see the results of what has been added.

For instance, after the winter and now a couple of really heavy rains, we are running at around 15 on our CYA. So I'm being lazy this summer and just using pucks until they raise the CYA to around 25 or so. From my written notebook, I can show stable pH 7.4 - 7.6, with TA 60 and very little use of chlorine (before I started using pucks). So I'd like to be able to show on the chart that I'm using 3 3" pucks and continue showing the use of those pucks and how much they raise our CYA, until our CYA reaches the desired level. Then switch back to BBB, etc.

So a comprehensive program showing the running history and results would be great and would aid one in getting to know their pool water really well.

Hope you can do all this. It would be a great tool to have.

Thanks for your efforts!

The software is great, I will switch over from my spreadsheet to this program. I have a few comments, some of which may have already been mentioned that could make the software even better (my opinion)

- the ability to record the hours per day the pump is running
- the ability to record the % I am running my salt water chlorinator
- when exporting if possible add column headings to the spreadsheet that gets created.

- It would be great if this could be combined with the "pool calculator" so the software could suggest what needs to be added to the pool.

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.