Frisco Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
So when i tested my water this week my FC was at .1 and i realized my salt cell has stopped working. I am using liquid chlorine and when i tested it again this am it is showing only .2 i have added 41 oz of bleech and 61 oz of bleeck in the last 2 days. Do i need to do a slam as something is eating the chlorine? water is very clear.

41 oz of 10% liquid chlorine will only raise the fc by about 2.7 ppm. That can be gone quickly if you have an algae problem or have no cya.
You should be maintaining more than 3ppm fc for pretty much any cya level

What are all your test results
Fc
Cc
Ph
Ta
Ch
Cya
Salt
As James mentioned- do an
Overnight Chlorine Loss Test at target fc levels
FC/CYA Levels to rule out an algae problem

41 oz of 10% liquid chlorine will only raise the fc by about 2.7 ppm. That can be gone quickly if you have an algae problem or have no cya.
You should be maintaining more than 3ppm fc for pretty much any cya level

What are all your test results
Fc
Cc
Ph
Ta
Ch
Cya
Salt
As James mentioned- do an
Overnight Chlorine Loss Test at target fc levels
FC/CYA Levels to rule out an algae problem
Fc: .21
Cc .34
Ph 7.4
Ta 73
Ch 482
Cya 63
Salt 2910

If you trust your lamott’s interpretation of the cya you should add enough liquid chlorine to reach high target for your cya (10ppm)
& do an OCLT tonight
IMG_9687.jpeg
Check your fc after 30 minutes if adding to see that your liquid chlorine is not old & degraded

Consider getting a tf 100/pro salt or Taylor k2006c salt
The only color matching test is ph.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hopefully you’ve caught it early & your slam won’t take terribly long!
Remember to treat the pool & spa as 1 body during the
SLAM Process
Do all the things (I am giving your water feature the side eye 🪥) 👇
IMG_9495.jpeg

Looking at your logs I doubt cya has changed much in 3/4 days
If your cya reads anywhere between two tens - round up.
Example- anywhere between 60 & 70 counts as 70 for chlorination purposes. So you would set your swcg to maintain the high target for a cya of 70.
FC/CYA Levels
Average fc loss in an algae free pool can be anywhere from 1-5ppm depending upon the season & uv. In your area this time of year it’s likely in the 2-4 ppm range.
If functioning optimally- Your swcg is capable of producing approximately 9ppm in 24 hrs if run at 100% in your pool volume.
Now that you have eliminated algae from the equation, You can do an overnight chlorine gain test to see what your swcg actually produces if you have suspicions about its functionality.
Its like the oclt except backwards- you leave your swcg on for the night and compare your pm & am tests. Then compare the difference with
PoolMath effects of adding estimates based on your run time & % settings.