Free Chlorine - 19 ppm CC - 0 CYA - 40

Jun 21, 2016
Gilbert/AZ
I recently changed my pool water (non-SWG 10,000 gallons). I am still trying to get my levels intact but I think I went too far with chlorine (Clorox bleach and 2 chlorine tablets in a duck shaped floater). Here are my readings <Free Chlorine - 19 ppm CC - 0 CYA - 40>. Did I blow it? If so will the sun correct for me or do i need to fix it with something else? Thanks

OP
OP
I
Jun 21, 2016
Gilbert/AZ
great thanks. I started with the daily test and the Chlorine/Bromine side turned almost red (off the chart). I don't have a way of checking more detailed from Bromine but since I haven't added anything that would impact that, I assumed chlorine was my problem. I did add some PH reducer, which took me from 8.2 to 7.5 but I don't think that would have changed bromine (or at least I hope).

Mavrk

May 24, 2013
Central/East FL
High chlorine can give you false readings on pH. They will read high. Don't trust your pH readings until the FC goes down. Just let it go down naturally. No problem having it high for a little bit.

triptyx

TFP Guide
Apr 12, 2016
Tucson, AZ
If you don't have a bromine pool (you haven't added bromine), you ignore the bromine numbers on the tester.

If you're adding bleach, you're only testing for chlorine. :) No worries, you're doing great.