Free and Combined Chlorine not changing

Thanks Dave. The water looks, smells, and feels great.

I thought I posted results back in the beginning but I can do a whole new test tomorrow (minus the chlorine since I'm out of the reagent). Won't the fact that my FC is so high affect the other results? Or is that just pH?

This morning's results were:

(I used a 5ml sample for FC and there were enough drops for a rough estimate)

FC 12... One more drop would have cleared it so I'll say 13
CC ? ... There was some pink but R0871 gone completely
TA 110
CH 280
pH 7.4
CYA 40 (tested 2 days ago)

According to the SI wheel, my SI is 0.0!!!! That's something to be excited about, right?

What should I do at this point until the replacements come? The last few days I've been adding enough bleach at night to raise the FC 2-3 ppm. Should I keep that up for the next couple days?

Just add the same amount of bleach you used yesterday, until you get some more reagent. You can also estimate using the OTO test.

Alright, I'm back in business... sort of.

My R-0871 from TFTestkits.net came! I went to do a test this morning. Of course it was POURING rain AND my power went out! I ran the test anyway and got

FC 10.5
CC 1.0

I added enough bleach to bring the FC to 14, however, because my power went out, the pump was not running (obviously). So I just tried to broadcast the bleach as much as I could.

Of course I spashed bleach on my work uniform and didn't see it until I got to work :( These uniforms are expensive! D'oh!

Should I run a whole new complete test to start over? Or just carry on maintaining FC at 14?

Hey guys,

I did my first legitimate OCLT.

Last night (9:30pm) FC was 10. This morning at 5:45am it was 8.5. So I failed the test by a hair. The water is still clear and my CC has dropped to .5! I'm so excited that this is working!

Should I keep up with the SLAM since my OCLT failed just by a little?

Thanks for everyone's advice! I am so so happy I found this website. I feel so liberated and like I am finally starting to understand the water chemistry.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades ;)

Keep at it, you are very close and don't want to lose the momentum. Make sure it is all dead and won't rear its ugly green head again. You got this, another day or two and it will be finished.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.