Found my suction leak...easiest way to fix?

Viperscorpio

May 25, 2019
Arizona
So my big suction leak is coming from where the pipe feeds into the pump. Is there a way to attempt to fix this without replacing the pvc? I'd really like to try some things before it comes to that if I can. If not, what would be a reasonable cost to have a pool company fix it when I get a quote?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190524_140719~2.jpg
    IMG_20190524_140719~2.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 38
the best and easiest way is to replace it with a union that you can use to take your pump out with zero issue's.. PVC is really easy to do, I am taring mine apart this weekend and installing a newer SWG...

I cant tell if you have 2 inch or 1.5 inch pipe so here are both, the part that goes into the pump is 1.5 inch.. :)

1.5 inch Amazon.com: RWParts 2 Pack - 1.5" MPTX1.5 S HI-Temp Union W/ORING - 2 Pack: Garden & Outdoor

2 inch Amazon.com: Custom Molded Products 1.5In Mip X 2In S Short Union S-S (High-Temp): Garden & Outdoor

You can try to use this, it works great and I have used it on a pipe 7 years ago and it is still holding on the pressure side... You do not want to use it on your pump or the threads, only on the pipe so if the leak is on the threads going into your pump DO NOT USE THIS unless you want to buy a new $1500 dollar pump when you do change it out... Amazon.com: Plast-aid 80100 Plastic Repair Kit 1.5 Ounce 80100: Automotive

Reactions: markayash
Looking at that part...I think I understand...

I cut the 2" pipe, remove the threaded part from the pump. Put the union onto the remaining pipe, and thread the part into the pump, and then connect em together? That doesn't seem too bad!

But I think I have 2" threads. The part you shared seems to be for 2" pipe, but 1.5" threads to go into the pump, but I should be able to find the part now. Thanks!

Edit: I believe this this the one I need

But I think I have 2" threads. The part you shared seems to be for 2" pipe, but 1.5" threads to go into the pump, but I should be able to find the part now. Thanks!

Edit: I believe this this the one I need
Yep, thats the one :) Sorry about the 1.5 inch, I forgot that they are 2 inch and all the through pool fitting are 1.5 inch...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.