Found A Pool Cleaner-Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
I found a pool cleaner, and it’s within my budget. Not sure if I should get it now with this pandemic going on, but I would like your opinion on this one.

8EB770C5-8307-4C47-90E8-81D813010B2A.png

I was thinking of the dolphin s200 but I can’t find a cheap one at all. I talked about getting one here.

I think the main difference is it doesn't totally climb the walls but may be good enough, the s200 climbs and moves sideways but I could live without that.
The link you listed says refurbished for $499. I have had mixed results with refurbished stuff so do a lot of research on the company. Warranty is only as good as the people providing it

Yeah! That link sell refurbished robots but I’m weary about that. I want something new. That’s why when I stumbled across the Dolphin Nautilus, I thought that .... maybe .... this is the one I need to get. I can brush the walls myself. Its the vacuuming I dislike. Don’t like it at all.

Watch amazon " new and used" I have had good luck buying from the used seller " amazon warehouse" Its basically stuff people returned and you know amazon will make it right!
Just have to keep watching the cleaner and look for used and refurbished"

Reactions: Mendy48
Okay! Found one on Facebook (Dolphin Active 20 Robotic Cleaner, $350). Does it climb walls too. My in-law is willing to pick it up for me. However, what do you all think of this brand? I’m also afraid of picking up a used robot. I mean, if the robot in my OP is $599, why pick this one up for $350? Ugh. So many things to think about.

Okay! Found one on Facebook (Dolphin Active 20 Robotic Cleaner, $350). Does it climb walls too. My in-law is willing to pick it up for me. However, what do you all think of this brand? I’m also afraid of picking up a used robot. I mean, if the robot in my OP is $599, why pick this one up for $350? Ugh. So many things to think about.

Depends on how old it is..I would ask for a copy of the bill of sale. If it's less then a year old and they have a receipt may be a good deal

I wouldn't buy a used robot on FB or the like without the ability to test it out in a pool - that's my risk tolerance level for this particular purchase. Power supplies and robot motors are expensive, though easy to replace on these. The Active 20 is a fine robot. I have it. Yes, it does climb walls and does some work at the waterline as well.

We purchased ours refurbished from a reputable dealer. Though it was a killer deal so it made sense to me. Most refurbs online aren't worth the $50 off of Marina's pricing after factoring in the reduced warranty.

I wouldn't buy a used robot on FB or the like without the ability to test it out in a pool - that's my risk tolerance level for this particular purchase. Power supplies and robot motors are expensive, though easy to replace on these. The Active 20 is a fine robot. I have it. Yes, it does climb walls and does some work at the waterline as well.

We purchased ours refurbished from a reputable dealer. Though it was a killer deal so it made sense to me. Most refurbs online aren't worth the $50 off of Marina's pricing after factoring in the reduced warranty.
Yeah! I’m skeptical about getting this robot on Facebook. I’m actually looking into getting this right now. I actually got it to tell you the truth. How well does this work? It hasn’t been shipped yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sneaky people on facabook market..I looked at a few cars on their with the same " it's my moms old car and she can't drive" and you google the number and it's " B&B used cars"

I don't know why anybody would sell one unless they just need the money :)

Sneaky people on facabook market..I looked at a few cars on their with the same " it's my moms old car and she can't drive" and you google the number and it's " B&B used cars"

I don't know why anybody would sell one unless they just need the money :)
I was thinking the same thing. I was told by the seller that his mom moved to a new home without a pool and, therefore, will need to sell the robot. However, I’m thinking of getting this , has anyone used anything like this?

I was thinking the same thing. I was told by the seller that his mom moved to a new home without a pool and, therefore, will need to sell the robot. However, I’m thinking of getting this , has anyone used anything like this?

Yeah, "his mom" :)

On the pool cleaner I know a robot is expensive and It took me a year or trying to convince my self. If I had know about this Covad mess I may have waited :(
But I love it, it will clean a lot better then any suction cleaner.
I think there are some cheaper Dolphins that climb and just don't scrub as much and a few people have been able to find refurbished ones.

Well! I’ve started a savings account for this dolphin s200. Don’t know if I’ll be able to get it for this year, but it’s worth a try to start saving up for a dolphin S200.

I also just returned this. It was a complete fail on my side. I probably didn’t know how to use it. All I know is that the connection between the suction plate and the hose disconnected In the pool and all kinds of mess fell back in my pool. ??‍♀️. I was over it and just returned today.

So I guess I just need to save up for this dolphin. I’ve been procrastinating. Something always comes up ... like COVID-19.... ugh.

• Sad
Reactions: markayash
The warrior se which is basically the same robot as the S200 is 699 at marina Pool and spa. This is the price out the door. No shipping or tax. They are the cheapest I could find for mine. You just have to call them and you may have to leave a message. I ordered mine on Monday and am just waiting for it to ship.

The warrior se which is basically the same robot as the S200 is 699 at marina Pool and spa. This is the price out the door. No shipping or tax. They are the cheapest I could find for mine. You just have to call them and you may have to leave a message. I ordered mine on Monday and am just waiting for it to ship.

I just went on their website here. Thanks for the information. Appreciate it.

Reactions: colonal35
The Pool Blaster is "fine" but it's barely a stop-gap measure. The advantage to the robot is freeing up your time. It would literally take me an hour to manually vacuum my pool Saturday mornings. I now use that hour to deal with the dry cleaning, buy snacks for the pool, head to the hardware store, etc. You know, normal weekend errands. The Pool Blaster will shave some time off the vacuuming ritual but it's still a pain in the Rear. On the other hand, you can "pay yourself" $20 per vacuuming to compensate for your time and you should have enough saved for a robot soon enough.

It is weird having a robot and a SWG, my day to day pool maint has gone away. This time of year I add a little acid weekly and empty the robot.
My robot stays in the pool all the time and I have it in automation mode so it runs after midnight for an hour and again at 6am so it’s clean in the morning :)
I had a Polaris 360 before that ran all the time and it was never as clean as with the robot, it would get leaf’s but not dirt if that makes sense.

Reactions: bmoreswim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.