Forum Newbie

Philip1481

Jan 26, 2022
Houston/TX
I've been doing a lot of research and decided to switch to using the liquid bleach method.
I have a 310 gal hot tub. I've been using liquid bleach and Sodium Dichlor Granular. Just had my water tested at a pool supply and my test results are:
FC 2.27
TC 2.69
TA 77
PH 8.3
CH 163
CA 66 I know is a little high prefer around30
My question is how much liquid bleach should I use to shock it to bring the TC back within range? I'm allergic to MPS
I love this site.
Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Hey Phillip and Welcome !! In order to take control of your pool/spa, you'll need your own reliable yest kit. The pool store won't be open for a test before you soak at 7pm. And running there all the time will get old quick. Then there results are questionable at best. So yeah. No. ;)

We like Taylor drop based kits. The K-2006C is widely available online or hit up a tf-100 from tstestkits.net. the tf-100 has more of what you'll need often, and less of what you'll rarely use. CH and CYA are mostly irrelevant in spas and neither change frequently. The k2006C specs look great, but there is no need for the extra reagents for those 2. The FC and PH will be tested daily until you just know your spa, so you'll want more of those. Either way you go it's the same stuff, just different amounts.

With those accurate, repeatable results, we are all on the same page and can walk anyone through the ropes anywhere in the world. I absolutely LOVE our Aussie friends chiming in with their Didgereedoo's and Didgereedon'ts.