Foam pool party @ home - doable or crazy?

Jul 25, 2017
Frisco TX
After all the work to make the nicest cleanest pool on the block, my wife wants for her birthday present to have me convert our pool into a foam party at some point this year :rolleyes: Most posts on TFP are on how to REMOVE foam. Does anyone know the opposite - how to add a safe foam product that will not mess up my pump and filter long-term?

In brief smirking research I did stumble across the 'Dr. Dance Party Packs' (e.g. https://partymachines.com/product/foam-powder-packs-10-powder-packs/ and single packs on Amazon) which claim to be 100% organic.

For dispersion, I do not intend to spend hundreds on the fan and sock but might rig something up. I have a spare pressurized water return line that used to go into our Polaris motor then into the pool, and at present is looped direct into the pool (due to using Dophin robot to clean instead). So I could disconnect that line and use it to feed into foam/fan.

Is this all too crazy? Reality check appreciated, thanks!

PS - resorts do it at their pool which was apparently the inspiration, like so:
maxresdefault.jpg

It’s all fun and games until someone drowns cause no one could see them under the water.

Maybe being over cautious, but seems like a big potential haszard and liability to me.

First, I will state that I totally agree with @JamesW - TOO DANGEROUS! It only takes seconds for a person to drown and not being able to clearly see the people in the pool only exacerbates the problem.

As for what to use - either a pure vegetable glycerin soap or Castille soap. HOWEVER, be prepared for a major amount of chlorine demand and possibly tearing apart your filter to clean it out.

Thanks all for your comments and time on this admittedly silly forum topic. I will clarify that this would not be a resort-style drunken gongshow (at least I don't think so?!?) Small group of adults, definitely no kids, and definitely no glass around --- that is a rule I am strict about at all times anyhow (only a bottle of scotch made it to pool edge in the last year and that offender was promptly finished and removed).

I am mostly concerned here with the impact of foam on the mechanics of my system rather than broader liability issues as honestly all of our pools are already a substantial liability, and safety issue, requiring vigilance even with clear water and no foam party in progress.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why don’t you just rent a separate inflatable pool (they have them on the site you posted) to house the foam party? That way your pool stays safe, chemistry stays balanced, and equipment doesn’t get compromised. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.