Hatman52

Apr 27, 2022
Central Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thinking of using some foam cove molding on the outside of my new 18’ Intex XTR. Legs are on 4” paver blocks, and the base of the pool is on a thin layer of sand, topped with HF mats and an HF tarp. Mats and tarp are trimmed back to edge of pool, and I plan to put small round river rocks in the approximately 12” between the pool and the lawn edging. I had a box of foam cove moulding from a previous project, and thought it would be a nice way to
cover the edge of the mats/tarp, as well as keep rocks away from the pool liner. I put a few pieces in place as a test. I drilled small holes in the ends to secure with zip ties. Only concerns are it may hold a very small amount of water in the top (supposed to rain tonight so I’ll find out tomorrow), and the foam may degrade due to exposure to the elements.

Anyone else tried this? Thoughts?

D6833FD7-8B29-44A0-B321-8907A3E3097A.jpegF01A342F-CCBC-4501-998A-25144D8A257F.jpeg

I used gutter guards from Home Depot. I have also seen others use pool noodles.

Here is mine:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.