Covington, Ga
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have developed the habit of double checking levels when I see a change to remove as many variables for testing errors and before I add any chemicals. It seems that when I test my water in the AM the Ph will consistently be at 7.4 but when I test it in the evening the Ph is 7.8. It is like clockwork, so I really have not felt the need to mess with it.

Is it normal for Ph to fluctuate during the day?

Either way, to me 7.4 or 7.8 you're right where you WANT to be so no reason to adjust from there unless you start seeing it go higher or lower during tests.

It's normal for it to rise but not decrease again on its own. If your TA is in range, say around 70, it would take more than 20 ounces of full strength acid to lower your ph from 7.8 to 7.4. assuming you're not doing that daily, then it's a discrepancy in the testing.

I do test in the same spot at different times of the day, so there is a different ligth direction. I have not been adding anything to adjust because it is always inthe recommended range, along with a TA of 70. My OCD kicked in with testing during my SLAM process from several weeks ago. I think I will just go to testing once a day since everything is in order. I just thought it was interesting that the results seems, at least, to be different depending on the time of day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.