Flow on SWG

How is your filter pressure? higher filter pressure could cause the flow to drop. Adjusting the pump to a higher speed would then increase the flow. What kind of filter do you have?
Something that's annoying is they didn't install a pressure gauge. I had to call them and remind them to do it.. I was like isn't that the most basic thing??. This is our second pool in a year by the same people and I'm feeling like they really dropped the ball this time. We have a pentair sand filter. I will have to go look exactly at what it is. We did backwash and clean out filter and it went back to normal. I am very disappointed in this pool install as there have been several issues since they put it in 3 weeks ago.

If backwashing allows you to run at a lower RPM, then that means the filter was dirty.. The only thing that will make your filter dirty is something in the water. Could be a lot of tree droppings, but most likely an algae bloom...

You need to show us some test results..

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, please provide test results and filter pressure readings. We can't help much if we don't have some actual data to go along with the need to increase speeds.
What happens if you backwash and then just set it at 1750rpm. Do you have any issues? At what speed does it always run without going into Red (low flow indication)?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If backwashing allows you to run at a lower RPM, then that means the filter was dirty.. The only thing that will make your filter dirty is something in the water. Could be a lot of tree droppings, but most likely an algae bloom...

You need to show us some test results..

FC-5.5
CC-0
pH-7.4
TA-60
CYA-90
Sodium-3600

here are my current numbers. As for the pressure gauge, we are waiting on it to be delivered. The pool builder did not put one on, so we ordered one.

Merged threads - Marty TFP Mod
We just had an IC60 installed in a new pool last week and I can't keep the flow light green. It will turn green for a while then I'll go back out a few hours later or over night and it's red. What is causing this? Pressure of filter is 10 while pump runs at 2100 psi. What can be causing this? Numbers are all in range except the chlorine has dropped to 4 from being gone and not realizing the flow was bad. It is starting to get irritating.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you can backwash and get the flow light to turn green then your filter is just getting dirty.. When it gets dirty the flow will decrease...

If this is true, then you have a chemical issue with your pool water. Whether you can see it or not algae is clogging your filter.

If you put your multiport valve in recirculate, I'll bet the IC60 will run for hours with a green light. Of course your filter will not work, but it is a good test.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.