Flocculant and Cartridge filter

Gnlmachoman

Jun 13, 2020
Texas
So i keep reading that you have to set filter pump to waste if you use flocculant(i dont have pump with that option i have an Intex AG pool). Why is that? Can someone give an specific reason aside from”it goes bad” why is it okay to use clarifier and vaccum the bottom of the pool but not okay to vaccum the settle when it appeared by using a flocculant. I heard that it damages the filter? How so exactly? It damages the filter pump or the cartridge? If its the cartridge i can just throw it away and replace with a new. So can someone explain exactly why i can’t use flocculant?

G,

It will gum up the cartridges and you often can't clean them..

Since you don't mind buying new cartridges, why not run a test.. Vacuum it through the filter and tells us how it worked and how many cartridges you had to buy.

It won't hurt your pump.

If you follow the TFP pool care process, you would not have to use Floc..

You should take a read through our Pool School.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the quick response. I used those cheap summerway cartridges and even those i take them out constantly to rinse them and clean out them out. And they last me a good couple of months. So if had to throw one away its not big deal. I will update on how it works. Thanks!

So i keep reading that you have to set filter pump to waste if you use flocculant(i dont have pump with that option i have an Intex AG pool). Why is that? Can someone give an specific reason aside from”it goes bad” why is it okay to use clarifier and vaccum the bottom of the pool but not okay to vaccum the settle when it appeared by using a flocculant. I heard that it damages the filter? How so exactly? It damages the filter pump or the cartridge? If its the cartridge i can just throw it away and replace with a new. So can someone explain exactly why i can’t use flocculant?

Clarifier and flocculant work differently...

Reactions: Gnlmachoman
You could follow TFP advice to keep your pool clean and healthy. I’ve been here 4 years and have never needed floc. Or clarifier.

Reactions: Gnlmachoman
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.