Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I have a Sundance Altamar just over five years old. On occasion I get a FLO error. When this happens the heater kicks off. So far, by adjusting the temperature lower than where it is when I notice it, I can wait and a few minutes and then raising it back up it seems to work again. As an example I went out there a little bit ago and the FLO error was showing and temp was 98°. It was set at when 104°, so I lowered the temp to 95°, waited a few seconds and put it back to 104° and it started heating again. This has happened probably 4-5 times over the last month. I replaced the filter about six weeks ago so it is clean. Any ideas? I have read where it could possibly be the "flow switch", how hard is it to change out?
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow switch is probably going bad and starting to stick.its a pressure switch by the heating element. If you lose water flow the heater shuts off to protect the heating element from overheating.

on my tub changing the switch is a like a 10 min job. You'll need basic hand tools and some teflon tape.

Thanks for the quick reply, anyway to test it or any troubleshooting, or is it just something that is pretty much straightforward the problem. I guess it can't hurt to switch it since it's over five years old, not much else it can be I guess.

You can test it easily if you have a multimeter. Disconnect the harness from switch and test for continuity or ohms across the 2 terminals will the pump is running and while it's off. You should have continuity or close to 0 ohms while it's on and open when it's off. not sure what style switch it is but if you can remove it to see if it operates smoothly that'll help. It seems your issue is intermittent so it sticking.

Thanks, I do have a multimeter but I am pretty novice running it. Does not sound too complicated, if I follow you right just check where the switch terminals connect ....when the pump is running and I should have continuity and when the pump is shut off it should be open. Sounds simple enough. As long as everything is working at the terminals , then it is the flow sensor. Am I following you correctly?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.