Fix one tile that fell off

I’d say you have two options: the first and easiest would be use a marine epoxy like water weld which will cure underwater, and stick it back on. The second option would be drain the pool below tile line, then use a modified thin set and put the tile back on, grout, let dry, then refill. The first option might not fully seal around the grout lines, and could have some gaps around tile edge. Personally I’d probably go option two despite it being harder but then I’m OCD and I like to do things the right way even if no one would know the difference aside from me.

Reactions: BkdGrain
I’d say you have two options: the first and easiest would be use a marine epoxy like water weld which will cure underwater, and stick it back on. The second option would be drain the pool below tile line, then use a modified thin set and put the tile back on, grout, let dry, then refill. The first option might not fully seal around the grout lines, and could have some gaps around tile edge. Personally I’d probably go option two despite it being harder but then I’m OCD and I like to do things the right way even if no one would know the difference aside from me.

As I had to fix it TODAY (already drained the pool yesterday to fix CYA), got the "Tile Repair Mortar" from HomeDepot, used about 35g with 10-15ml water and was done in 15 minutes. Cutting the tile took lot longer than I expected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.