First Winter Test

iain42

Oct 16, 2016
Little Rock AR
Too early to prep for spring lol... Yeah I am jumping the gun :cool: with arkansas weather you never know what is going to happen could swim in march or april... I've kept my pool clean and open during the winter I like to watch my pool in the mornings with coffee or nights with a gnt.

FC 9.8 I turned of SWG in December 7th
PH 7.4
TA 40 will boost to around 70 next week
CH 370
CYA 40 it did measure 40 did it twice.
Water Temp 51

I have not surviced the SWG and we got it in April. I'll have to read up on that. Is there any reason I shouldn't trust these readings?

Leave it all alone. Looks good.

No real reason to 'service' the IC40. As long as you are not getting lots of flakes of calcium from the returns all is good. Keep CSI between 0 and -0.3.

A CSI of 0.63 is in the scaling region. Be sure to get that to between 0 and -0.3 for your SWCG.

No need for change with those results. The pH will rise moderating the CSI. Maintain your FC based on the non SWCG chart in FC/CYA Levels. When you are able to start the SWCG in the spring, then follow that chart.

Reactions: iain42
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.