BowserWowser

Feb 28, 2021
Virginia Beach, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My installer quoted me on the Hayward AquaTrol salt system for my 17,000 gallon AGP. I know TFP recommends a system rated for double the actual pool size (though I would love if someone could explain exactly why - I've read through the SWG articles on TFP and haven't read yet about why), and the AquaTrol says up to 18,000 gallons, so this is obviously...not.

Reading around here, I believe I do not want the Hayward SAS system. So...what DO I want? I would like to stay with Hayward if possible, as it is recommended by my installer, and I'm going Hayward on the pump and filter as well. Do I ask for the AquaRITE system?

The reason is straightforward simple. You want a cell that can handle 2X the water capacity so you're not running it a it's top end. It'll last much longer if it doesn't work as hard and when you have heavy bather load It'll handle that more easily.

Reactions: BowserWowser
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.