Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
All,

I just performed my first test with the TF100 and wanted to as a few things. Also this is after converting from tabs to SWG about one week ago.

1- is the only PH test with the OTO kit?
2- my CYA seems a bit high. In fact I think it is around 100 but since there is no lines below that on the vial it could be more like 110. I can let some water evaporate but any other thoughts.
3-I have recently been running the SWG on 80% for a 33k gallon pool (circupool RJ60+). Today I lowered it to 75% but wondering your thoughts based on my CYA/FC levels.
4- anything else you feel mentioning based on my first test results

==========================================
The Oasis
------------------------------------------
Build Type: Vinyl
Volume: 33000 gallons
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 9.0 (40 minutes ago)
CC: 0.0 (40 minutes ago)
pH: 7.7 (40 minutes ago)
TA: 90 (40 minutes ago)
CH: 300 (40 minutes ago)
CYA: 100 (40 minutes ago)
SALT: 3400 (40 minutes ago)
TEMPERATURE: 85° (40 minutes ago)

All,

I just performed my first test with the TF100 and wanted to as a few things. Also this is after converting from tabs to SWG about one week ago.

1- is the only PH test with the OTO kit?
Yes
2- my CYA seems a bit high. In fact I think it is around 100 but since there is no lines below that on the vial it could be more like 110. I can let some water evaporate but any other thoughts.
CYA doesn't go away with evaporation, only by draining. Re-do the test using the dilution method in Step 8 here. Then you know either a) where to target FC or b) how much water to replace.
3-I have recently been running the SWG on 80% for a 33k gallon pool (circupool RJ60+). Today I lowered it to 75% but wondering your thoughts based on my CYA/FC levels.
Seems about right. If CYA >100, you need a higher target. Once you know CYA accurately, you can make adjustments to output to hold the new target.
4- anything else you feel mentioning based on my first test results

The Oasis
Build Type: Vinyl
Volume: 33000 gallons
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 9.0 (40 minutes ago)
CC: 0.0 (40 minutes ago)
pH: 7.7 (40 minutes ago)
TA: 90 (40 minutes ago)
CH: 300 (40 minutes ago)
CYA: 100 (40 minutes ago)
SALT: 3400 (40 minutes ago)
TEMPERATURE: 85° (40 minutes ago)

YesCYA doesn't go away with evaporation, only by draining. Re-do the test using the dilution method in Step 8 here. Then you know either a) where to target FC or b) how much water to replace. Seems about right. If CYA >100, you need a higher target. Once you know CYA accurately, you can make adjustments to output to hold the new target.
CYA is definitely between 110 and 120 using this method.

I am wondering if this is considered very high and how much water is needed to be drained to get it right? Water in NY is not cheap, so prefer to get this right or manage it where it is if possible. If I read pool school correctly, my CYA should be hovering around 80, not 110? Also, it is worth noting, my pool is FULL SUN all day. No shade one bit.

Lastly, can I drain/refill in phases (i.e. an inch or two day by day). I will also have to re-add salt i guess?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.