First time tester - how do I look?

Jillg

Mar 8, 2017
Ma
Hi All

posting my numbers for the first time. Chlorine level looks really yellow and seems slightly darker than 5-10. Is that common?

total chlorine- 5-10
PH -7.5
calcium-250
TA-90
FC 8.5
CC-1
TC- 9.5
CYA 60

What does the water look like?

With a CC of 1, I would be tempted to bring my FC up for a while, and see if the CC doesn't drop in response.

Please Update your signature to give us an idea of the testing kit you are using.

Hi All

posting my numbers for the first time. Chlorine level looks really yellow and seems slightly darker than 5-10. Is that common?

total chlorine- 5-10
PH -7.5
calcium-250
TA-90
FC 8.5
CC-1
TC- 9.5
CYA 60

When using the FAS-DPD chlorine test, use those numbers, not the color matching OTO test number. With CYA of 60, your FC is where it needs to be Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

That CC of 1 is suspicious of something lurking but not yet bloom in the pool. How does your water look?

Edit- just read the crystal clear. I'd keep a close eye on it but your numbers look good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.