First time pool owner!

Camdenpool

Jul 14, 2022
Alabama
Hello!
First time pool owner here and no idea what I am doing! Very excited to be a 16 x 36 vinyl salt water pool owner! That being said I thought salt was all I was going to need😳 (like I said first time pool owner)! I our PB did provide “pool school” and it was so much information! Very overwhelming! My first time test strip alone shows Ph high 8.4, ppm free chlorine low 0, ppm total alkalinity high 180 and stabilizer OK 100! Salinity is also ok 3100. Joined trouble free pool for help and to learn the correct way to maintain my pool! Now to see how this app will help me figure out what is next!!!

😊

Welcome to the forum!

I was a new pool owner myself in January. I'd recommend doing some reading here in Pool School to learn more. Taking care of your pool yourself is actually super easy once you get a basic understanding of water chemistry and testing. You definitely need your own test kit first!

Reactions: Camdenpool
Welcome! Newbie here almost 3 weeks in hehe. I read up before I even started & it was a lot of information to absorb…terms and all lol. But it has become so much easier & no longer intimidating. I promise it gets easier.

Reactions: Camdenpool