First time opening

FC 10
CC 0.5
PH 7.2
CYA 0. I do have 3 pucks dichlorvos going. Didn't have any stabilizer on hand. Will get tomorrow
TA 90
CH not tested. Vinyl liner
water temp. 60
ontario Canada pool. Weather overnight still cold

water is blue but cloudy. Vacuumed all day.

filter running 24 hours

testing with Taylor kit

contnue to monitor FC. CC and slam?

contnue to monitor FC. CC and slam?
You can, but be careful about that FC level with no CYA in the water. An FC of 10 is much stronger when there is no stabilizer to buffer it, so don't let it go any higher until you get stabilizer. Once you get the stabilizer in the water, probably a CYA goal of 30, then you can increase the FC to 12 and continue the SLAM until you pass all 3 criteria. Good luck!

FC 10
CC 0.0
PH 7.6
CYA 20, sock still has some CYA left to dissolve to get me to 30
TA 90
CH not tested. Vinyl liner
water temp. 58
pump running 24/7

Given the water temp and the sun has not been out much over our long weekend, I was not needing to add a lot of chlorine. My numbers are holding quite well.

Water clarity has improved somewhat, deep end still cloudy but starting to be able to see bottom. All dirt/worms/leaves have finally been vacuumed out.

Should I continue course as is, or is there anything else I should do to get the deep end going clear?

Any issues using solar blanket with chlorine levels and trying to get water clear?

The chilly water is working in your favor. I would continue to maintain the FC of 10-12 until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria to ensure you are algae-free for the upcoming swimming season. Also remember that the CYA test can be skewed with chilly water. When you take that water sample, it's best to let it warm-up to room temperature before conducting the CYA test. Oh, and the more you squeeze the sock the faster the stabilizer usually dissipates. :)

Thanks texas splash.

Knew about the CYA test and cold water. 20 should be accurate number

No issues with solar blanket and higher chlorine levels? Wife told me not to put it on the pool, she wants it to breath because of the chlorine levels. I want to put it on while we are at work so Chlorine is not used up by sun. I leave at 5:30am and get home at 4:30-5:00pm.

Normally it's okay to leave the cover on periodically, then remove it at times so that the sun has enough time to oxidize the CCs. It's also a good idea to clean/inspect the under-side of the cover as they can accumulate algae as well. But you're schedule appears to have you gone most of the day. Me personally, I'd just leave it off. The wife wins this one. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.