First Time Opening, New plaster last season: scaling and sharp crystals

Thanks for the update--

I accidentally spilled some of these crystals on the pool deck emptying the robot. I left them while I went about brushing the pool and then came back around and brushed them off with the wet pool brush. The deck was probably 80 degrees (guessing) and they immediately dissolved into a milky solution and went away.

Sorta hopeful that as the pool temps come up they will go back into solution. My pool is 47 right now. CSI around -0.1

Good luck

So I can't reach the bottom of the pool to test it, but as far as I can reach down on the sides, the plaster is smooth. Since April, I've been keeping the pH around 7, added Scaletec Pro as directed, and brushed a lot.

I still see a few stains on the bottom, so that may require some more attention once the water warms enough up to get in the pool. But I'm encouraged.

Reactions: JamesW
We had our first swim today - no scaling or crystals to be felt. I have kept the pH low (around 7) since opening, added Scaletec as noted, and brushed regularly with a metal brush.

It might not work for everyone, but I think this gentle approach is much less risky than the "no-drain acid wash" suggested, and the results were excellent

Reactions: GDN and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.