First TF100 Tests

Your cya is above 90ppm so u need to do the diluted cya test to be sure of your actual cya & follow the FC/CYA Levels until u can exchange some water to reduce it.
Step 8 👇
How are u currently chlorinating?
Also which kit do u have? Add it to your signature.

Your cya is above 90ppm so u need to do the diluted cya test to be sure of your actual cya & follow the FC/CYA Levels until u can exchange some water to reduce it.
Step 8 👇
Also which kit do u have? Add it to your signature.
Thank you for your reply. As luck would have it, it has been raining for days. I’ve had to lower my water level twice this week to avoid the pool overflowing. Water was clear when I made the original post, but now I have cloudy water and it is starting to turn green. I tested all new levels this morning, which I will attach. My CYA is now 70 and TFP is not recommending to SLAM. Is this just a situation where I need to add chlorine since my CC is zero?

Attachments

• 3DE2ACA3-BB55-4986-A1B4-1A3F396413BF.jpeg
    3DE2ACA3-BB55-4986-A1B4-1A3F396413BF.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 11
Who isn’t recommending to slam?
If u are referring to this
👇
6285465D-F6FD-42B7-A586-96B486BE1544.png
What’s not recommended is such a high cya level in a manually chlorinated pool as it is hard to maintain & requires alot of liquid chlorine to do the SLAM Process if necessary.
It is doable at a cya of 70 although it is more preferable to be between 30-50. Above 80ppm cya it becomes impractical.
If u have visible algae the SLAM Process is needed to eradicate it. Slam level for cya of 70 is 28ppm.
The slam process is best done with liquid chlorine as there aren’t adverse effects to other parameters.
Your ta is currently low - u should add enough baking soda to get it to 60
Use PoolMath to calculate amounts.

Who isn’t recommending to slam?
If u are referring to this
👇
View attachment 449657
What’s not recommended is such a high cya level in a manually chlorinated pool as it is hard to maintain & requires alot of liquid chlorine to do the SLAM Process if necessary.
It is doable at a cya of 70 although it is more preferable to be between 30-50. Above 80ppm cya it becomes impractical.
If u have visible algae the SLAM Process is needed to eradicate it. Slam level for cya of 70 is 28ppm.
The slam process is best done with liquid chlorine as there aren’t adverse effects to other parameters.
Your ta is currently low - u should add enough baking soda to get it to 60
Use PoolMath to calculate amounts.
Also, should I lower my TA before slamming?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Its only 40 which is a tad too low- u should raise it to around 50-60 with baking soda. If u are going to exchange water just adjust it after refilling if necessary. 50 or above is ok
Thank you again. Refilling now. I will do the calcs, make adjustments, and start to slam. I calculated the volume when we first purchased the house. I guess I will take this opportunity to do that again for accuracy.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Its only 40 which is a tad too low- u should raise it to around 50-60 with baking soda. If u are going to exchange water just adjust it after refilling if necessary. 50 or above is ok
Hey there, another question or two.
1. When using the TF100 to test FC, after it goes clear, if left sitting, it turns pink again within less than a minute. Do I continue to add R-0871 until that does not happen or just till it goes clear the first time?

2. My water has been clear for two days. Still have a small amount of dead algae that has not filtered out yet, and my CC was over .5 last night, but tonight it is .5, turning only a tinge of pink when adding R-003. My FC is only 14.5 tonight as opposed to 28 (my SLAM LEVEL). Should I bring it back to 28 or see what my OCLT is in the morning?

Do you pass the crystal clear water and no dead algae debris? If so, leave the FC as is and test in the am.
Sorry, I just saw this. We are all good now. SLAM went well and the water is happy!! Just finished doing weekly tests. I am curious though, pool math says TA recommended is 50-90 and ideal is 60-80. I am at 70. However, the instruction card that comes with my TF100 kit says ideal is 100-120?

“Our guidelines” being Pool Math? Theses are my numbers right now. We are swimming today so I imagine I will need to add some LC tonight, but from what I can tell we are good.
Your cya is on the high end but nothing to worry about especially since you aren't using pucks (which will only continue to increase your cya). Your numbers all look good overall, have fun swimming!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.