First TF-100 Test

Jeff J.

Aug 6, 2019
Staten Island NY
Finally got my kit Friday. These were the numbers.

CL. 1.0
FC. 0.5
CC. 0.5
PH. 7.2
TA. 380
CH. 100
CYA. 20

The TA seemed crazy. I took it the next day, this time wipimg between each drop, and it was 260.

I've been using liquid for a long time, but I switched to dichlor and trichlor to bring TA down and CYA up. The daily OTO test showed CL 3-5, with PH holding. Water is very clear. Seem like a plan?

Sure. Just be careful not to let the FC fall that low. 0.5 is too low - you may need to supplement the stabilized chlorine with some liquid to keep the FC at acceptable levels.

Sure. Just be careful not to let the FC fall that low. 0.5 is too low - you may need to supplement the stabilized chlorine with some liquid to keep the FC at acceptable levels.

I know! I was busy and neglectful. I was using liquid and having trouble keeping the chlorine in. The strips said the CYA was higher than that. And I got a small algae bloom on the bottom. I brushed it and it hasn't come back.

If you saw algae, then you should really run through the entire SLAM Process.

Well, I did a SLAM, and after one day, it passed all the tests. Yay!

Yesterday, the TA went down to 160, and the CYA went up to 40. Other numbers held steady (except the FC is now 13 and CC 0) Should I back off on the trichlor and dichlor? I'm probably going to close the pool mid-September. HD has a good deal on chlorine, three bottles of 10% for $11.

Unless you drained over half your pool there is a testing error on your TA and you would need to have added quite a bit of CYA to double that result, so check your testing.

IF your CYA is 40, use liquid chlorine from now on.

Thanks for the quick response! I think this is the most accurate TA test I've had. I wiped carefully and held the dropper vertical. I'm not sure about the CYA. That is a tough test. I'll run it again.

Well, here's my numbers from a little while ago.

CL. 16
FC. 15.5
CC. 0.5
PH. 7.2
TA. 150
CH. 100
CYA. 30

I'm more confident in that CYA number, although I couldn't swear that I didn't see the dot. I'm not totally confident in the TA, but I think I'm close. My mom was talking to me, and I'm not sure if I lost count, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20190817_185254336_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190817_185254336_HDR.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.