First test - now what?

prancealot

Nov 7, 2019
NSW
Hi
I’ve just done my first round of testing ever using a clear choice kit and here are the results. As it is my first time and I’m awaiting my stirrer I may certainly have made some errors but I tried to follow the instructions as much as possible.

FC - 13
CC or TC - 0?
pH - 7.8
TA - 150
CH - 325
CYA - 70

I’ve done a bit of reading on the ABCs and I guess I am wondering whether I should turn my SWG down to reduce the FC - the pool service cranked it up last week both in terms of chlorine generated and time? We are also coming into summer here, so I’m hoping to get the water as right as I can.

I also have a white ring around the top of the fibreglass pool that I’m curious about but I may be getting a little ahead of myself.

Thanks

So at the end of the week, and with the arrival of my speedstir :love:, I’ve retested. My results are:

FC 6.5
CC 0.5
PH 7.2
TA 125
CH 325
CYA 70
Salt 4200

Apart from tweaking my SWG run times and settings, is there anything else I should be watching/doing? I have MA if required and my pool is getting about 20 minutes use per day by 1 or 2 children. However as we move into warmer weather I expect a higher swimming load.

Your water tests look great. Enjoy your summer swimming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.