First swim in new to me pool, Found significant green algae

Overnight the FC only dropped 1 ppm so Im calling the slam done
Water is clear

I hope to have guests over Tomorrow and Ill be swimming
The FC is now about 10
Im hoping it will drop a couple points today and tonight - even though the sun will be rare today

When I get in tomorrow Ill recheck the light fittings and other spots that had algae to see if its improved
Thanks for help

my chlorine usage may be related to the pile of stuff i found in one of the main drains -
It was half full of debris
a mess to clean out -
Did get to dive in my pool though

P5080116.jpg

P5080125.jpg
you can see the grate in this image
it has pretty large holes
there are a pair of drains connected with a T
they are about 2 feet apart
the other drain was clear and I could tell that the pipe between them was clear when I popped my hand over one opening I could feel it on the other
I didnt take the time to go back down with the pump on
Maybe this week

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have the puck in the floater for the OCLT?
No but good question

I went back in today with my tank on and the pump on
The pump is drawing from both sides
I have to assume that someone brushed a big bunch of debris into the far drain while the pump was off and the plaster, drit and sand settled and kinda hardened
because if the pump were on I imagine it would have draw the debris to the filter

Even though the pressures werent up very high I went ahead and cleaned the cartridges today to get rid of the blast of debris that I stirred up yesterday

IN trying to be thorough I opened the drain at the bottom of the CL460 filter and the drain cap had previously been damaged and was caulked together
The cap is a $30 proprietary size and thread cap ...
I guess so that it can be hand tightened
I ended up putting it back together with a bunch of plumbers putty - it seems to be holding for now - at least till the replacement cap comes in

Those are some big holes for sure. That does explain it. I bet you are correct with how it happened. Good job finding it and clearing it. Those tanks are earning their keep for sure!

Did your heart drop with it came apart? :shock: Good job getting it back together. Of course you cannot use any other plug on it :rolleyes:

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.