First SLAM..help!!

Keep the SLAM level FC. If you pass a couple OCLT's and the cloudy water persists, there may be another step to try.

Can you fill our your signature? Knowing what pool equipment you have is very helpful.

OK -- so you have a choice. TFP prefers to not recommend the use of pool products as they can be mis-used. Clarifiers is one of them. In your case, it might be applicable. It is imperative to be algae free when using it. Your 4 OCLT passes in a row provides that assurance.

If you decide to use one, get a quality one. SeaKlear Chitosan clarifier is one. Orenda makes one too. Do be prepared to deep clean your sand filter after using that product.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update. I can finally see the bottom! Still haven’t added a clarifier and I don’t think I will. If I’ve been at it this long there’s no point in trying to rush it especially since I’m not even getting in the pool and it’s just gonna get closed anyways. I’m in Illinois and it’s getting colder 🥶

Attachments

• FF535406-CA74-4D35-89CB-CF541E0C9143.jpeg
    FF535406-CA74-4D35-89CB-CF541E0C9143.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 14
As long as there is no ice, you can get in! ;)

When I was a lifeguard in College, the water in Upstate NY was generally around 60-65 F in the summer. And the water in the Atlantic off the coast guard beach in Cape Cod was usually 57 F in July!

OTOH, I generally prefer it about 86-88F. I'll get "in" above 70F. At the height of summer, my pool can go naturally to 92F.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.