First pool

WandaFranks

Jul 7, 2022
Kansas
Took the plunge and got an Intex metal fram oval pool. We r is 20ttx10ft. I live in Southeast Kansas and we do get some pretty good cold winters. Want to know if anyone has winterized their intext pool. It took the hubs and I 4 days of course they was leveling ground and putting ground support down to keep grass from flint. But even putting up and assembling took quite some time. My thought is winterizing it. As we do work opposite schedules. Also I was wondering about putting the plugs in so I don’t have to drain it down. I know it will need the pillows. Just trying to safe from a high water Bill again next year. We live in the country so it gets costly. So has anyone had any problems winterizing this type of pool? Do you drain past the pump? Trying to get a dead. I know early but I want to make sure and have a game plan.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You can certainly winterize your pool. See the link below to get an idea of what is required. When the time comes, let us know if you have any questions. Pool Care Basics

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.