First pool Tampa area - Plumbing question

Nice! I've so far managed to delay installing one of those... But it is probably only a matter of time. I know my wife and son would love extending the pool season a month or two on both sides.

Got my heat pump/chiller installed today! Did not go thru PB, I'd still be waiting, I'm sure! The water temp has gone up 3 degrees in 3 hours...more than I was expecting, woot woot!
View attachment 384438
Do you have a solar cover (aka bubble wrap)? Ours really helps maintain the temperature once the heat pump (or sun) has done its job. Enjoy your cool weather swimming!!!

Do you have a solar cover (aka bubble wrap)? Ours really helps maintain the temperature once the heat pump (or sun) has done its job. Enjoy your cool weather swimming!!!
No...I want to get one but my boyfriend is afraid that the cats will try to walk on it and drown so I am going to see how much our electric bill is without a cover and then decide what to do. I will most likely have to get one and then just take it off when I let the cats onto the lanai.

No...I want to get one but my boyfriend is afraid that the cats will try to walk on it and drown so I am going to see how much our electric bill is without a cover and then decide what to do. I will most likely have to get one and then just take it off when I let the cats onto the lanai.
We have two cats and a dog. It hasn't been a problem for us. Some other folks may be able to weigh in.

My Bloodhound thought my solar cover was the greatest shortcut EVER, only moments after seeing it for the first time. Cats of course would fare better being that much lighter, but he instantly got burrito’d and trapped. Luckily he was stuck with his head above water as it took a solid 10 mins to drag him and his 500 gallon / 4K lb (?) cocoon to the stairs to let him out. Also lucky was that it was the shallow end. I may not have been able to help in the deep end.

Please always be mindful for anyone (especially pets and kids) while the cover is in use. Even yourself if you trip on something else.

Reactions: TampaKathy
Got my heat pump/chiller installed today! Did not go thru PB, I'd still be waiting, I'm sure! The water temp has gone up 3 degrees in 3 hours...more than I was expecting, woot woot!
View attachment 384438
Nice timing! Heat pumps are perfect for this weather pattern we're in right now!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gahhhhhhhhh, I need to vent. Exchanged email with PB office on the afternoon of the 6th, was told another employee of the plaster company would be out "sometime this week" to look at my plaster issue that I have been complaining about for 6 weeks. Heard nothing so yesterday mid-day, I asked for an update...today at 4pm office writes back and says that work order was completed and closed on the 6th....baaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, really?! What do you think the chance are that you sent a work order and they came out that very day?! Ziltch.
Dance Reaction GIF

On another note, my pool was up to 82 when I swam last night...very nice. :)

This wire is on the far side of the pool
The bonding wire should be looped around the entire perimeter and I think should be an unbroken run (no splicing) back to the equipment pad. Sounds like it may be the bonding wire but it is possible that it could be the end on that side and still continous back to the pad. Someone can take an ohmmeter and see if it is electrically connected back to the pad.

I'm so glad you at least get to enjoy your pool now, while all this goes on.
I know, I keep trying to tell myself that b/c so many other people's builds have been going on for longer and they don't have water but it's not working :LOL: My bf and I were out shopping for furniture for the lanai yesterday and one of the salespeople asked when the pool would be done...lol, do not get me started, hahaha.

I took the same wait and see approach with my pool. But i use natural gas so may be apples to oranges. My gas bill was so much lower than expected that i didn't bother buying a solar cover. Best thing I did. No cost of solar cover and zero hassle to take it on or off (and store it). I've never spend more than $150 in any month on gas so my reasoning was how much could i save? At best $100 during those 2 months? It wasn't worth the hassle of the cover.

Finally action at my build today...PM brought bowls to install. I paid for these in full in January...they realized in July that they ordered the wrong ones (at least that's what I believe...don't want to admit to it of course)...today I see the bowls...wrong ones. Kid. you. not. I don't know if I should laugh, cry, scream, all of the above. 🤡
Just unbelievable the comedy of errors across the whole industry it seems. Last week I had an entire extra set of pool equipment(pump, filter, lights, electronic panel and even the equipment pad) delivered to my house and placed right next to the equipment I had already received. Not a single piece of information on it like the pool builder, intended address or return address. My PB has no idea where it could of came from. Probably some poor customer down the street wondering why the delay...

Just unbelievable the comedy of errors across the whole industry it seems. Last week I had an entire extra set of pool equipment(pump, filter, lights, electronic panel and even the equipment pad) delivered to my house and placed right next to the equipment I had already received. Not a single piece of information on it like the pool builder, intended address or return address. My PB has no idea where it could of came from. Probably some poor customer down the street wondering why the delay...
OMG, that's ridiculous! :LOL:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.