First Pool Math Results

Aug 6, 2019
New York
Hello, I have a question, I'm using Poolmath for the first week as well.
FC 17
CC .5 ( using the 10ml line on the Taylor k2006, it took 1 drop of the re-agent to get the water clear )
PH 7.4
TA 130 ( I added Dry Acid as per Poolmath app )
CYA 55

It seems like there is a lot of FC and yet algae is starting to form.

Are you following the SLAM Process? With algae you need to raise your FC to 24 ppm (based on 60ppm CYA) and maintain it there by testing and adding liquid chlorine 3 or 4 times per day, at a minimum.

I would also suggest not using dry acid. The sulfates from it will build up in your water and can damage your heater.

I followed the SLAM on Sunday, added the 8+ gallons of bleach that PoolMath called for. Visually checked Monday morning before leaving town overnight for work. Pool was clear, no algae. Got back Tuesday afternoon, tested water ( results above ), but algae starting to form in the corner

You may still be confusing the SLAM Process with the traditional "shock your pool". SLAM is a process, not a one time application you can walk away from. As Marty noted, your SLAM FC level is 24ppm, not 17. So that means you'll need to raise FC to 24, then test a couple/few hours later and raise it back to SLAM level (24ppm). You do that at least 3 times a day, if not more. You need to "maintain" SLAM level FC till you pass the 3 exit criteria. Re-read the link above.

This may help

Because you already had algae, and you dumped chlorine in on Sunday and walked away.

That is not the SLAM Process.

I realize you had to work, and couldn't do it. That happens to everyone. But, that's why you're facing further algae. There's a reason it's a process. Shocking is, and was never a one time application or product. It is a process. Maintaining SLAM level FC is the key to the process. The process works, the other stuff... fails.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.