Orlando
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi everyone! Im new here and new to pools all together. I received my first pool quote and was hoping for some advice on this one. Not sure if the equipment is good or not.

Attachments

• ARMSTRONG 1_005.jpg
    ARMSTRONG 1_005.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 236
  • ARMSTRONG 1_006.jpg
    ARMSTRONG 1_006.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 226
  • ARMSTRONG 1_007.jpg
    ARMSTRONG 1_007.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 296
  • 8X11 PROPOSAL Armstrong.jpg
    8X11 PROPOSAL Armstrong.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 304
Welcome to TFP.

We need specific manufacturers and model numbers to comment on equipment. That proposal really does not specify what you are buying.

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

We need specific manufacturers and model numbers to comment on equipment. That proposal really does not specify what yiu are buying.
That's all they gave me I will go back and ask for more details on the equipment.

I just started building my pool in Winter Garden. I feel like I went through 20 quotes before I finally decided on the builder. Best of luck.

I feel in the same boat it seems like we went through like 30 quotes here in winter garden and ended up doing it ourselves :)

Orlando here. I also went through so many quotes but went with a PB who did a good job but were horrible communicators and many times rude.

to the OP. Do the fence yourself. Shop around for fence quotes the PB is just going to upcharge you.

Reactions: allidb85
Orlando here. I also went through so many quotes but went with a PB who did a good job but were horrible communicators and many times rude.

to the OP. Do the fence yourself. Shop around for fence quotes the PB is just going to upcharge you.
PB quoted me 7500 for a simple pergola so I told him I’ll buy an umbrella. I might ask him to pour footers for me because I know I can get pergolas installed for 2-4k.

We are going through our builder with the same pool company that gave you the quote and it is way below what we are paying. Our pool is a little larger but we had to cut the hot tub bc the price was $90k with everything.

You have a very nice design.

Reactions: allidb85
Orlando here as well, but over East in Oviedo. I'm also going through the bidding process with a list that started at almost 20 contractors. Any PBs that you all highly recommend for both a fair price and communication?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Orlando here as well, but over East in Oviedo. I'm also going through the bidding process with a list that started at almost 20 contractors. Any PBs that you all highly recommend for both a fair price and communication?

Holland Pools
Dreamscapes
Atlas Pools
Paradise Pools by Design
These companies all had great communication they were all with in the same price range of around $60 - 70K. Keep in mind that is including the fence, hot tub, heater, and paver turndown (my backyard has a bit of a slope).

Holland Pools
Dreamscapes
Atlas Pools
Paradise Pools by Design
These companies all had great communication they were all with in the same price range of around $60 - 70K. Keep in mind that is including the fence, hot tub, heater, and paver turndown (my backyard has a bit of a slope).
Actually meeting w/ Dreamscapes tomorrow morning, have the design process rolling w/ Atlas, and Paradise Pools (who did respond quite quickly) wanted to charge $100 to just come out to the site and talk about design and another $100 for a design, which not a single other PB in the area even brought up. I may send them a design once we get one finalized to our liking and see what they'll do. Hadn't seen Holland Pools yet, I'll definitely check them out!

I keep getting the, "You're looking at a $70k pool" line from some of these PBs for what's in my signature - it'll be interesting to see what the actual numbers come out to, since I've got a few pre-COVID quotes from friends on very similar pool builds.

Thanks!

Actually meeting w/ Dreamscapes tomorrow morning, have the design process rolling w/ Atlas, and Paradise Pools (who did respond quite quickly) wanted to charge $100 to just come out to the site and talk about design and another $100 for a design, which not a single other PB in the area even brought up. I may send them a design once we get one finalized to our liking and see what they'll do. Hadn't seen Holland Pools yet, I'll definitely check them out!

I keep getting the, "You're looking at a $70k pool" line from some of these PBs for what's in my signature - it'll be interesting to see what the actual numbers come out to, since I've got a few pre-COVID quotes from friends on very similar pool builds.

Thanks!

Wow that is interesting that Paradise pools said that they did not tell me that, he came out for free and did the design for free. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow we currently waiting for our permits and then we should be ready to start. I ended up with Paradise pools. Dreamscapes was my second option but they use Jandy pool equipment and I wanted Pentair.

Wow that is interesting that Paradise pools said that they did not tell me that, he came out for free and did the design for free. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow we currently waiting for our permits and then we should be ready to start. I ended up with Paradise pools. Dreamscapes was my second option but they use Jandy pool equipment and I wanted Pentair.
Good to know about Paradise - I'll definitely reach back out then once we get a design we like from one of the PBs, just to see what they can offer. Dreamscapes on-site meeting went well, met with Mike who kept it quick and succinct while providing some good info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.