quadracer316

May 22, 2014
Quad Cities, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I did my first OCLT last night and the results were good...... no fc loss. The TF-Pro and this forum is definitely a game changer when it comes to taking care of your pool. It's nice to be in control of water testing and to learn how to properly do it.....still alot to learn here for me but I enjoy it so thanks everyone who helps out! One question in poolmath that I have is the default fc level. For me it defaults to 5 but I am trying to keep it at 7 so I just change it but a few times when I logged the result I believe it logged the default 5ppm rate. I had to go in and edit the amount added after the fact because it was too low. Am I imagining things or is there an issue with this? Also, can I change the default of 5ppm fc to 7 or whatever number I choose so it auto populates as the default? Thanks

Attachments

• received_356054106668381.jpeg
    received_356054106668381.jpeg
    784.5 KB · Views: 7
Am I imagining things or is there an issue with this? Also, can I change the default of 5ppm fc to 7 or whatever number I choose so it auto populates as the default? Thanks
I think you may be confusing a couple of things, or I'm confused with your explanation.

IGNORING notes/expenses/maintenance, there are two things you can log, Chemicals and Test results.
There are two ways to log chemical additions
There is one way to log test results.

Starting with logging test results, you click on the + button, select "log test results" and you will get a screen that allows you to enter your test results. There is no default to any test, you simply enter your results, click on the check in the upper right hand corner and your results are saved. I don't think there is a way that any "default" for test results can be saved.

Chemical additions can also be logged by pressing the + button, and select "Add Chemicals." Here too, there is no default, you simply select what you are adding and the amount. Again, click the check to have it save.

The other way to add chemicals is on the home page where you see all of your current test results. Click on FC and you are presented with a screen that includes CYA (your current level), a recommended range, a SLAM slider and a box with "Current" FC value and a "Target Free" value. The CYA comes from your last logged CYA level. Your Current FC comes from your last logged FC. The Target Free is populated based on your CYA level and the Chlorine/CYA chart. If you change your CYA value at the top of the screen, your Target Free will change. That is where your target free comes from. If you select a sanitizer, then you can log the addition of the chemical from there, but it does not save any FC TEST VALUE, it only saves the ADDITION OF THE CHEMICAL.

I hope that helps!

Reactions: quadracer316
The other way to add chemicals is on the home page where you see all of your current test results. Click on FC and you are presented with a screen that includes CYA (your current level), a recommended range, a SLAM slider and a box with "Current" FC value and a "Target Free" value. The CYA comes from your last logged CYA level. Your Current FC comes from your last logged FC. The Target Free is populated based on your CYA level and the Chlorine/CYA chart. If you change your CYA value at the top of the screen, your Target Free will change. That is where your target free comes from.
This is exactly what I was trying to say.....Thank you and sorry for the confusion. I'm all good was just curious.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.