Firmware Programmer for Rent?

jsimonkeller

Oct 3, 2020
Nashville TN
Hello. I am really enjoying this forum and I have learned a great deal about my pool system and how to control it and repair it and upgrade it. THANKS to all of your helpful souls out there!

I am going to install the 1k Ohm Resistor (1/4 W, 5%) on my ET4 this weekend to make it an ET8 via the forum on this topic. Upgrade Pentair Easytouch 4 to 8?

I also will be adding another valve actuator via the Jandy/Zodiac 5254 via this topic to allow for a 5th valve actuator needed for my pool fill. can an EasyTouch 8SC-IC40 run 5 valve actuators?

I am then going to turn my attention to upgrading the firmware from 2.13 to 2.18 via this topic. How to perform firmware upgrade on Pentair* controllers

My question is whether anyone ever rents their programmer out for a week or so, to allow someone like me to perform the upgrade. I know that most people only use this equipment once or twice over 5 -10 years, unless they are a professional installer. Just like renting pool leak detection equipment or can bus programming tools for my car projects, I was hoping someone might want to blow the dust off their Multilink device and make a little dough. I have the wiring and I build computers as a hobby, so none of this scares me, but investing $300-$400 into the device/software for a one time install feels steep.

Let me know. If not, I will decide whether it is worth it to make the plunge and own some more electronic stuff I need to store away after its one time use . . . . just in case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.