scoopertx

Aug 30, 2020
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our pool finish contractor included Wet Edge Signature Matrix in our quote but I am thinking of changing to Finest Finish Micro Fusion because I like a little bit smoother pebble finish and the Laguna color they offer. However, the Finest Finish warranty is only 7 years compared to Wet Edge's 15 years. Pool finish contractor says warranty only covers materials, not rip out/install, and if you are going to have warranty problems with the finish it will happen in the first couple of years anyway. He says pebble finishes are basically all the same and pool chemistry is the key to making the finish last. Makes sense but still a little nervous on the idea of the shorter warranty.
Thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited:
When I was looking at plaster and talked with a guy who did installs for 40 years and now sells plaster to the young guys LOVES Finest products... He recommended the Micro or the Radiant... Because everything comes from the company in the bag for that exact color and they only add water (exact amounts of water) it turns out great every time..

As for the warranty, all companies will try to get out of it and say the water was not balanced or bla bla whatever to get out of it... I would worry more about the installer crew and make them do it right, watch them like a hawk and make them stop when you see something and fix it right then... You have to become a pro at installing plaster to make sure they are doing it correct...

With that said I am doing an all tile pool so I stopped researching plaster :)

Reactions: scoopertx

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just finished our project with micro Fusion Laguna w/ abolone and glass.

Really happy with the resultsView attachment 177493View attachment 177494
Hello!
Are you still happy with your micro fusion Laguna? We are trying to decide on that exact finish or quartz plaster, I am just afraid the pebbles will hurt my daughters feet. She complains when she goes swimming at my sisters but I don’t think they have micro fushion. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'd like to add that the warranty is a scam and good luck getting it honored so don't let the warranty distract your buying decision if you really like a certain surface. I was reading the warranty on my surface and as you mentioned only covers material for the defective area to correct and that it doesn't guarantee color or matching. Additionally it requires water chemistry logs from a computerized system at least once a month. I'm sure one log of not perfectly balanced water will be their cop out and warranty will be denied. There was also an arbitration clause.

Hello!
Are you still happy with your micro fusion Laguna? We are trying to decide on that exact finish or quartz plaster, I am just afraid the pebbles will hurt my daughters feet. She complains when she goes swimming at my sisters but I don’t think they have micro fushion. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!
So we have been swimming for over a month now. I personally have no complaints. We have had friends and family over on several occasions. Nobody had experienced cuts, scrapes, or irrigation to their feet. We are very happy with the finish. I have heard that quartz is a little smoother. The complaints with quartz is the lack of uniformity to the finish. Our neighbors end up going quartz and are not happy with the bloching/streaks in the finish

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.