Fine Tuning an SWG

Thanks all. Gonna connect the SWG panel to the EasyTouch when I get the Screenlogic2 hooked in. I sort of overlooked Ping’s input that when I was heating the spa, I may or may not have had the SWG running, but stands to reason I probably did. Gonna enjoy a soak this weekend.

I shut the SWG off for 3 days while I did my PVC reroute job and tested it now and have TC:5 and FC:3. Looking back, for 2-3 weeks, I had Chlorine levels at 7.5-10! I just didn’t believe it with the new larger tester, until I got new chems for my old one and saw it was off the charts 5+. I also didn’t have a good idea of my pool depth so the volume was off. Y’all didn’t believe my old spa was as big as it was, and this one is ridiculously large. SWG is back on now with 8 hour run time at 25% and will see where that lands me.

Still having trouble calibrating the Hayward panel, as multiple salt tests are showing 3600ppm, and the average on the panel continues to come down to 2700. I calibrate, and after a few days it’s back down to 2700. Water temp is 75-80.

Always fortunate to have my pals at TFP.

Yes the T-Cells can be controlled by Pentair automation. You need to run a 4 wire conductor from the comm port in the panel to the comm port in the Hayward box.

Here's the wiring diagram:

Ok, I finally got around to this.

Having some trouble getting the Aquarite panel to maintain a steady ‘Remote Control’ light. It will turn on, then off. Any idea why this might be?

I did finally dedicate some time to focus on this even though I had the wire run but never hooked it up until I got my SL2 operating well. I have 4 (4!) separate 4-wires attached to that one Easytouch RS COM port. That was fun...ugh.

Oh no! I used the exact wire from my ScreenLogic (is it 22 gauge?). I’ll check the connection. It’s showing a ALERT in the ScreenLogic as ‘Chlorinator Connection Lost’ then it’s fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, still stumped. On my ScreenLogic I seem to have control and it reflects the PPM according to what’s on the Aquarite panel. It’s just the Remote Control LED isn’t lighting up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.