Find Bulk Supply of 12.5% Cl(l) During CV-19 Pandemic or in Future Shortages

Rhetty_Set_Gone

In The Industry
Jul 22, 2020
Middle Tennessee
Hello friends!

If you have a Lowe’s store in your area, you may be able to order liquid Cl in bulk through their pro-services desk. I found that I’m lucky enough to live in close proximity to a manufacturer (Perk Chemical Co.) and can cut out the extra step/cost of ordering through Lowe’s. Also, you could see if other chemical plants have vendor-agreements with stores in your region (e.g., if the chemical plant won’t sell directly to the public.)

I’ve been successful with my search to locate affordable 12.5% Cl(l) in bulk (that’s chemistry “speak” for “Chlorine, liquid”...yes, I’m THAT nerd.) I live in the middle Tennessee region and found a chemical manufacturer right in Nashville that will sell directly to me. They usually sell in 55-gallon drums but I asked if I could bring my own carboy and they told me they could just give me some 15-gallon carboys since they have so many and wouldn’t make me pay a deposit on them! How awesome! [They explained that they only sell in volumes of 55+ gallons because they won’t make money selling smaller volumes.] My only thought is that an even better scenario would be for me to “prepay” for 60 gallons (4 carboys) and only take one home with me at a time so that I have less degradation. I asked them about this when they were filling my carboys and they said I could prepay and come pick them up as needed; the only hitch was that they’ll fill all 4 carboys at the same time and “store” them for me until I come back to get them...I didn’t realize they tapped a new 55-gallon drum and filled all 4 carboys. The warehouse guy led me to believe they had a bigger holding tank or something. Maybe it’s just my #MomBrain that’s to blame!

Just wanted to encourage everyone to dig around online to source “fresh” Cl(l) in your area instead of the degraded garbage on shelves (and the PITA of single gallon jugs).

Happy swimming!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.