Finally got my TF 100 And have some numbers

hartpump

Apr 19, 2021
Clinton, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hi esteemed pool gurus. I received my TF-100 and I Have some numbers. Short back story. New pool finished in November then closed. PB opened and handed me chemicals and gave me the "dump it in when I told ya" routine. I found you guys and now I want I to be a TFP desciple.
FC- 1.5
CC- 0.5
Ph- 7.8
TA - 110
CH- 1000
CYA- 60. ( Maybe 50 I ran it twice.)
PB had the pump set to run 24 hours a day. I've been playing with the run time and percentage. I don't have it dialed in yet for sure. He did give me some dichlor. Have not put any in. Any and all help is appreciated..

Yikes, that CH really spiked on you didn't it? That's my main concern right now because to compensate for that elevated CH, your pH, and TA would need to be managed on the low end. Cooler water would help too, but summer is approaching. You have a cart filter so you won't be doing any backwashing, so the only way that CH will go down is by doing a water exchange. That may be something to seriously consider, at least a partial exchange (maybe 50% or so). Never completely drain a pool for fear of movement or pop-out. But a CH of about 500 would be much easier to manage. Until then, bring the pH down with acid to about 7.2, then let it rise back to about 7.8 on its own. When the pH rises, it will leave the TA just a little lower. Repeat that process. A good goal until you do exchange water would be to get the TA down to about 60 and then you can keep the pH around 7.4-7.5. This will help to keep scale off the shell and your salt cell.

Other than that, you know the FC is low, so add some liquid chlorine (or regular bleach) now until you get the SWG dialed in. No cal-hypo either. So pH/TA management (scale) and FC (algae) are your two biggest concerns. Let us know if you have any questions.

Wait so you have a brand new pool, with brand new water, and your CH is 1000? That's insanely high and would normally take many months or years to accumulate. I personally would want to explore that a bit more before you get too into things as it might be beneficial to start things off properly with much less CH and therefore a partial drain / refill. Otherwise you're in a very precarious position for potential scale and might just be kicking that can down the road and you've probably not even swam in the pool yet!

Are you on well water or regular city water? Have you or PB been adding cal-hypo "shock" packets?

Salt level with strips was ~ 3000. Pentair system says 3750.
More details. Pool built-in November. Pool filled with city water. I have a well for any top offs. I added some well water after open but I don't think it would have been more than 1000 gallons. Took about 3 hours. ( I haven't ever figured the per gallon output). The house is new too so I just didn't do it yet.
Had chlorine pucks in it overwinter
Opened April 17. PB gave me a bucket of dichlor, extra salt, muriatic acid, and the other chemicals in that photo. I've been adding muriatic acid to keep pH in line and the weekly chemical regiment PB said. I figured I already paid for it so I would learn TFP and use up the stuff I paid for until it was gone. I have not added any dichlor.
I ran the CH test twice as I didn't believe the first number. I will run it again.
Can I use the Dichlor since I have it on hand?

Attachments

• 67CD76B9-59FF-47D2-AD67-9A3C823612A0.jpeg
    67CD76B9-59FF-47D2-AD67-9A3C823612A0.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 66E25619-10AC-4595-AAE8-F3137B0BE0CA.jpeg
    66E25619-10AC-4595-AAE8-F3137B0BE0CA.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.