Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The pool os finally done. The PB dumped the last bags of salt in the pool and kicked on the SWCG today. Finally, finally, finally the pool is done. Funnily enough as parting remarks to he PB said my heater would corrode faster and my steel patio furniture would rust out faster than normal as well. I decided not to argue. Guess they have never been to this site.

Now onto trying to getting the chemistry just right as well as getting out outdoor bath finished..... One thing at a time.

Yeah, it has. We originality decided on a chlorine tab fed pool which was filled in September of last year and technically complete in February of this year (equipment delays and finishing touches dragged things out). Then, I found this site and I added the SWCG. I was going to install it myself, but I wanted to be sure the builder would honor the warranty so I had them do it.

Reactions: markayash
Just got the chlorine generator fired up for the first time could y'all look at my logs to see if i am going the right direction?

Salt ppm is 3600 with the Taylor k1766 kit.

+1. Just like dosing with liquid, you are on the lookout for when the daily demand increases this time of year. As long as you are keeping up within 1 or 2 FC from the top of target range, great. As soon as you aren't, add some runtime or cell % and keep an eye on it to verify it was enough. Or split the difference if you went too high.

In the second half of the season, when you miss an adjustment you get a few FC too many, which is harmless and the best screwup you can make. It's a 13. Whoopsie. Time to post a pic to the TFP clear thread because it is stuuuuuuuuupid clear right now.

Reactions: W.J.Christy
Got the swcg up and running and its working great. Now I am fighting ph. It keeps going up. Yesterday i added 28 oz od 31.48% ma got it down to 7.4, now its 7.6. also my alkalinity seems to not want to go down. Before the 28oz of acid it was 90, after the addition its still 90.... Is this normal for a less than 1 year old pool?

Before the 28oz of acid it was 90, after the addition its still 90.... Is this normal for a less than 1 year old pool?
TA can be a bit stubborn depending on the local water supply TA level and amount of acid applied at one time. If you really want to lower the TA a bit, let the pH rise to about 7.8 - 8.0, then use enough acid to lower it to 7.0 - 7.2. That should help impact the TA better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I started with a 4 hour run time at 50%. Does that seem reasonable?
also depends on the cycle of your unit.
I have the Univeral 40, which the swg% runs on a 3-hour cycle. I have my mechanical timer broken up to 3 zones in order to get skimming throughout the day (9-10am, 2-4pm, 7-8pm). So if I am running at 40%, I am saturating the morning and evening times with some float in the afternoon. Once I get to ~70% I will need to increase the runtimes within one of my cycles to keep up with the sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.