Finally Building - Manvel TX

Re: Finally building

What fun! I have finally caught up on all of the threads I have been working on so can add a couple of new ones into the mix. Yours will be easy as you already seem to know what to what!

Look at your getting your test kit already. That is the same thing I did-got it before the pool to make sure I can do it. It turned out to be EASY and fun!

Love the picks SWMBO made! That will be pretty!

Grrrrrrrrrrr on them "losing" that part. I bet they were hoping it would show up somewhere or they would find it. Oh well at least you have it now.

Kim:cat:

Looks great! It's really coming together. I think your family is going to love it!
I am the least chemistry minded person you'll ever meet but have mastered the test kit. My kids even run the test without problems. It's really quite simple. Don't underestimate yourself- you will be surprised at how easy it actualky is once you do it a few times.
My saltwater pool is 5 feet with my brick home!! We initially had the same unfounded concern about it being so close to the house. We love love love stepping out the door and being able to walk right into the water! I wouldn't do it anyway I had it to do over. I believe it's been about 5 years already since our install. We've never had any problems with the salt water whatsoever. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents worth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

nice design you have..... don't think about it twice about setting up a SWG while you are at it, our PB literally suggests a SWG on all his builds, he says it is just a whole lot better to maintain period. Im sure you will get weared out before you know it on adding the chlorine by hand on a daily basis.... I was glad we were finally able to turn on our SWG last week when salt was added.. I was adding it by hand daily myself for the first month while plaster cured. either way good luck on your choice, yall will sure enjoy it either way.

Some progress made on plumbing and equipment yesterday and today. Sorry the surveillance cam is the only pictures I can get at this point as I got sent out of town for work the next two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot our first real snag. The top of the grotto was only 38" above the bench. I'm 6'6" so when I sit down I'm 43" tall from the seat. Obviously not going to work. I suggested lowering the bench but the PB construction supervisor said it would be easier to raise the roof.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lets think this through.......forget what is easier for them. It has to be right for the use of the pool and safety of the users.

Now you and I both know someone will try to jump off the top of the grotto :slidehalo: Is your pool going to be deep enough there to allow that to happen without harm? What about if they do raise the roof?

I will let you think about this and see what you think. Remember that the plaster will raise the seat some more (ask your PB how thick the plaster will be).

Lets think this through.......forget what is easier for them. It has to be right for the use of the pool and safety of the users.

Now you and I both know someone will try to jump off the top of the grotto :slidehalo: Is your pool going to be deep enough there to allow that to happen without harm? What about if they do raise the roof?

I will let you think about this and see what you think. Remember that the plaster will raise the seat some more (ask your PB how thick the plaster will be).

Thanks for the concern. The pool was designed around the idea that someone (probably me) will jump off the top of the grotto. The pool is between 7' and 8' deep there so I'm not too concerned even with the extra 12" in height.

Thanks for the concern. The pool was designed around the idea that someone (probably me) will jump off the top of the grotto. The pool is between 7' and 8' deep there so I'm not too concerned even with the extra 12" in height.

At least you found it now not the first time you tried to sit in it. How deep will the water be in the grotto? BTW - I understand where you come from with the height and having things be correct. I am 6'4 and my oldest is 6'8 and we have to deal with stuff like this all of the time. When my oldest sits in the hot tub he sticks out like a sore thumb. If I were to build a pool I would have hot tub seats that are deeper so it would make the water more shoulder height.

At least you found it now not the first time you tried to sit in it. How deep will the water be in the grotto? BTW - I understand where you come from with the height and having things be correct. I am 6'4 and my oldest is 6'8 and we have to deal with stuff like this all of the time. When my oldest sits in the hot tub he sticks out like a sore thumb. If I were to build a pool I would have hot tub seats that are deeper so it would make the water more shoulder height.

Lol. All these tall people problems! I'm 4'9" and we're having the opposite issue with our bench around the table top in that it was done to standard height and so most of us will be underwater and we need to have it raised up.

I just wanted to give you the idea to think about and go over with your PB. Let us know what you decide to do.

That is a nice looking equipment pad!

Thanks again. They came by today and built up the walls of the grotto to prepare for the new roof. My wife says it looks good so we're going to go with it. Thanks again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.