Finally Broke Ground On It!! The Saga Continues.

Pics of our backyard pre dig. Our lot is pie shaped but very large for living on the beach. A few sections of fencing will be removed when we begin construction. Shed will be moved back so it's blocking the far corner once completed.

When we purchased the house my wife and I planted over 40 Bottle Brush plants. Today we were pruning them back.

IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

DJ,

Congrats on getting to the start! It's sure going to be a gorgeous view your beautiful pool. Please do keep us posted on your progress. Before you know it you'll be filling and curing plaster!

Chris

Reactions: DJFaninTN
LOVE those plants!! So were they all the same size when you bought them? I ask because some seem smaller than the others.

That yard is made to for a pool! I love that fencing! You dropped a couple of dimes on it!!! Well done!

Kim:kim:

no they were all in 2 gallon pots when we started almost 3 years ago. they grow like weeds in this sandy soil.

we found a nursery about an hour north of here that had them. we were short by about four bushes. so we found some a Lowes and got those. want to guess out of all we planted which ones are the shortest? the ones from Lowe's.

yep that fence wasn't cheap but well worth it. should have gone 8' but the HOA said 6'. I should have stood my ground and gone with the 8' instead. live and learn!

We call that store BLowes around here :roll: What a difference in size!

So you say you are going to trim them back. Why? (I know nothing about plants as I have the blackest thumb ever so don't even try any more.)

Fence-Could you put pretty lattice on the top of it? Kind of a decorative touch. I wonder how loud your HOA will yell about that :roll:

we trim them back because when mowing the grass I don't want to have to dodge every branch sticking out. I don't mind the height of the bush. I just don't want all that width.

no way to add anything on top of the fence. doubt code enforcement would go for that. remember we are in a hurricane zone. the bottle brush and shed will pretty much hide 95% of our back yard.

Got ya! Good reason right there! I have trimmed all trees and such on the property over my head when sitting on the mower height! Guess what I just saw on the way to eat??? One of those neat plants in a yard! I had never noticed it before but it is in full bloom with those pretty, red blooms! SO pretty!!

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree with Kim on a light in the pool by the steps. I'd recommend one of the small nicheless lights that is like 1 1/2" or 2" in diameter. I'd put it on the left side of the steps in that little wall section. The steps will not be well lighted without something in that area. I too like the setup and yard!

picked up our deck channel drains from Lowes this morning. Silver Travertine sample showed up along with one coping sample. Waiting on a second sample coping due next week.

the wife unit decided she wanted a quote for glass tile so we should have that pricing early next week. I am thinking it's going to be way too much but happy wife, happy life.

we are also looking at upgrading the plaster with a new color that just hit the market. we'd be the first in the area to use it. tired looking it up but it's so new, it isn't listed on their website yet. SGM Diamond Brilliance in Sapphire Bay.

since we'd supposedly be the first customer in the area getting this plaster we are working the angle of using our pool as a show place for future customers. hey, it never hurts to ask! since I am in sales, there is always a way to make a deal work!!! just have to be creative.

I also ordered the speakers for the patio and pool area. can't have a pool with out tunes now can we???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.