Finally Broke Ground On It!! The Saga Continues.

That's a big pool, is it about the size of your house? I wish I could get mine at the Gunite stage as fast as you are.. but then again, that soil is just sand.... so I could see that you would probably not want it to sit a long time....Digs started at about the same time. If I were a betting man, I'd put the money on yours though to be completed first...

Rattus I am not sure I'd make that bet yet .. lol. Sure seems to me they could have shot it last week with no problem but they screwed. around for a few days.

I was real nice for the first couple of days providing a fan, lots and lots of water and gatorade and chairs to sit in the shade. It was smoking hot out there for sure but there was a lot of standing around and checking their dang phone every few minutes, jaw jacking and personal phone calls going on. Plus they just walked out at the end of the day leaving their trash everywhere. So we had a little pep rally and the chairs disappeared and the fan too. Amazing how much work got done the next couple of days. :laughblue:

Reactions: StranskyFamily
Yeah, my son cleaned up a bunch of trash when the rest of us were galavanting at the Grand Canyon from the plumbers. The excavation crew did clean up after themselves for the most part. I guess it depends on the crew.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed here we don't get one of those 3 inches of rain in an hour storms that we occasionally get during monsoon... If so I might be seeing the excavating crew again. So far the rebar crew is still scheduled for 7/31 so who knows when I will get the Gunite.

The mock Latin is indeed "drowned rat" shortened a bit. (it should be rattus suffocatus est) It translates back in Google to "dirty water" so I couldn't resist it as a screen name here, it was too perfect ... But you can call me Fred. :)

man Fred that is a looooooooong time till rebar. wonder how long they will desire the Gunite to cure? look at the positive side. at least you have some of your equipment. they haven't even started that here yet.

glad we are getting Gunite tomorrow hopefully. there is a crazy storm developing over the Gulf and could dump anywhere from 4-8 inches from Wednesday to Saturday. so far we've been able to dodge most of the downpours for the past week or so. I had them attach corrugated pipe to my down spouts to keep it from washing away the sand causing a landslide.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.