Final Payment & Final Contractor Documentation

albizz8

Jul 4, 2020
Miami, FL
I'll be making final payment soon, what kind of documentation should I expect/should I ask the contractor before final payment? There were some plan revisions etc... Do I need to ask for a certificate of occupancy or doc/something like that letting me know that all city permits have been approved & closed, and I'm OK with the city? We're located in Miami FL. Any help/suggestions are highly appreciated...

I don't know all the ins and out. A few I can think of:
- Proof of some sort that all equipment was registered in your name, for warranty considerations.
- Same for the pool finish if applicable.
- PBs warranty in writing.
- All owner manuals for equipment.
- Final, signed off permit. You should hold that. The PB can have the copy.
- Lien releases from all subcontractors involved, especially the concrete supply company. Technically you're not supposed to have to worry about any subs that didn't give you a preliminary lien notice, but concrete companies seem to know how to get around that if not paid. This is advice from CA, FL may vary.

Reactions: bmoreswim
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.