Filterballs? Anyone tried them?

I read something about it and how you washed them in your washing machine!?

NO Thanks!

I'm perfectly happy with sand and putting a bit of DE powder in the sand filter to improve filtration of the smallest bits.

Maddie :flower:

One person a while ago did try them and they worked okay for about 3months then they made a mess of his pool because they got "full" so did not filter the water any more. When he went to take them out to clean them he found he could not get them clean. They were a sticky, yucky mess :(

I tried them, ran them for a while last year, put up a new pool this year and wased the balls rinsed them really good and gave them a run through the washer, I had some problems after about a month in the new filter, so I decided to have a look, opened it up and immediately pulled the filter and dumped the balls and replaced them with new sand, pool was looking much better in a couple of hours. I have 2 new bags of filter balls if anyone wants them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.