Filter Unions Question

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
So, it’s that time for me to clean my cartridge filter. My equipment pad is not a very big area to work in, so it dawned on me to just pull the filter out completely.

So my plan is to de pressurize the filter, pull the drain plug, then unscrew the unions and remove. My question is, do those o-rings in the unions need to be lubed up, or just screw them back together?

Those little skinny rings don't seem to need any lubrication. They do need a locater beacon on them, though.....perhaps the most commonly lost item in and around the pool. My pride does not permit any further disclosure.

• Haha
Reactions: Arizonarob
And done. Considering I haven’t clean the filter in a year and 2 months, they were not bad at all.
I would imagine they would have been worse and needed cleaning sooner, (I was only at 12% above clean pressure, so really didn’t need to do it now.) if it weren’t for using hairnets on the skimmer!!

Before....
6D6E2155-D5BC-485A-9620-E539AE622EF6.jpeg

After.....

6514D192-A5F7-47E0-9DC2-F1BFB467EF0B.jpeg

Reactions: blazer58
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.