Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a heyward sand filter . Above ground pool. When I vaccume I try hard to get most air out of hose. But when I connect it and start vacuuming their is always air in the bottom skimmer that’s on the ground. It seems half air and half water in their. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong ? Vaccume works fine with good suction. I just don’t know if I’m damaging the filter

We just hold the hose over the return until the hose is full of water, large amounts of air aren't great to regularly introduce into your pump or filter.

Oh how i envy Y'all. My skimmer and return are 40' apart. I stick the vacuum end on the bottom and hand-over-hand the hose until its all submerged straight down. The last few inches i hold just above the water and within seconds water flows out of it and i do my best to get the skimmer plate sucked into the skimmer without loosing too much water. Mine is a straight plate and its the only one that fits. They have several other sizes of elbow plates that go through the skimmer and not up out and over.

They have them in 5.5 inch, 6 inch and 7.25 inch diameters

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.