Filter pump not running with full power

CARLO5ONIC

Jun 14, 2020
Victorville, CA
Good afternoon,

my pool filter seems to not be running at full power/efficiency, specially the vacuum. Cleaning the entire system (pool skimmer, motor skimmer, deeply clean each filter pad, and out of service salt chlorine generator) it works a but more efficiently. After this clean up the filter starts shooting out a lot of air from out of the filtering system, assuming that there is still a bit left over from releasing the air through the pressure gauge in the filter tank I let it run for a while longer. But after more than 30 min of running its still shooting out a big amount of air.
Thats when i noticed a sound coming from a pipe sticking out of the ground a few feet away from the pool that has a black sponge in it, and when covered the air stops shooting out like normal and the pump works way more effeciently. Is this air entrance nessesary? Or is it just a feature like a jacuzzi? (we dont want this)
Hope the poll makes it easy for people to answer my important question. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Carl,

I am not sure I completely follow what you are saying... :scratch:

How about sharing some pics of your equipment pad and your pool.. Maybe someone here can help figure it out..

Just wanted to say I lived in Victorville, back in the day when George AFB was open... It gets a tad hot there.. :mrgreen: Was a great place to see the space shuttle land.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.