Filter plug for my Intex 18' x 48" AGP

bobmcinnis

May 5, 2020
New York
Hi, back again with another question. Members of this forum have been hugely helpful in the past. I kept my pool up this winter for the first time and was able to plug everything but the large hole coming from the Intex filter output hose to the pool. It's the only hole that the water returns into the pool and it's a big one, too big for those little black "hat" plugs to fit into. Nothing I have seems to fit it so I just have a hose with a valve at the end hanging from it until I figure out what goes in there. Does anyone know what closes this, maybe a link to what I need? I'm attaching some pics.

Thanks!

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_5857 copy.jpg
    IMG_5857 copy.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5858 copy.jpg
    IMG_5858 copy.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5859 copy.jpg
    IMG_5859 copy.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 9
4F826637-36D8-4095-89A8-E50B2103A192.jpegDo u have an intex sand filter? If so does it have the little grey screw on cap that covers the backwash port? U could unscrew the hose & use that there. Or u can lower the water level below that fitting & leave it open - just plug the returns w/ the black hats. That is what most do to lower the risk of ice damage to their wall fitting.

I just drained the pool below that and unscrewed the fitting completely and just left the hole open.

Any of those valves left in use in the winter will freeze and crack.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.