Filter blew at seam

doc8404

Silver Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
Rome, NY
I have a 30’ round radiant pool with a

Hayward pro series top mount high-rate sand filter S210T
And a Vari-Flo XL SP0714T on top.

so far I only checked Amazon and all those for sale include both.

what’s the best place to buy just the filter body?
And should I upgrade to something else?

pump is a dual speed SP1514Z2S4EC

thanks.

Attachments

• 969134E4-22A1-4D8C-B687-67E4E5E1C6E4.jpeg
    969134E4-22A1-4D8C-B687-67E4E5E1C6E4.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 10
Wow, Your pressure got over 40 PSI to blow that out...

Here is a 22 or 27 inch that would work great but they are also around 45 psi.. what is your normal PSI?

I saw that one but was hoping to be able to buy just the body since the valve is fine.
If I buy the whole thing, it comes with everything but sand, correct?

Hey before you buy another one, contact Hayward.
A few folks here were able to get out of warranty replacements at no cost. They had a run of defective vessels.
They all split at the seam, just like yours.

Reactions: doc8404
My pool installer is checking with their rep. I also just got off the phone with Hayward. After explaining what happened, the lady asked me if I used the manual to troubleshoot the problem.

after repeating that the seam broke, this time telling her there is a hole, which is more like a crack, she started to take my information down. Then she told me that they will be contacting me about replacing this heat exchanger pump. Good God.

before getting off the phone, I think she had all the right information. Apparently has to go to the escalation department. This must happen often, because they certainly didn’t balk at my request.

thanks for the advice.

Reactions: borjis

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.